1. Applications and qualifications
Apply for an apprenticeship
Anyone in England can apply for an apprenticeship if they’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education.
First search for a vacancy on the Apprenticeships website, then register on the site and apply.
Apprenticeships take between one and four years to complete depending on their level.
Work and study
Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study.
- works alongside experienced staff
- gains job-specific skills
- earns a wage
- studies towards a related qualification (usually one day a week).
Levels of apprenticeship
There are three levels in England:
- Intermediate – equivalent to five GCSE passes
- Advanced – equivalent to two A-level passes
- Higher &nda
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites