This article is 6 years old.
to view the latest articles for this topic.
The Department of Energy & Climate Change today releases four key publications: the Digest of United Kingdom Energy Statistics 2014, UK Energy in Brief, Energy Flow Chart, and Energy Consumption in the United Kingdom providing detailed analysis of production, transformation and consumption of energy in 2013.
- Primary energy production fell by 6.3 per cent, on a year earlier, due to record low coal output following mine closures; oil and gas output were also down as output facilities were affected by maintenance issues alongside longer term decline.
- Final energy consumption rose by 0.7 per cent, reflecting the colder weather in 2013. On a temperature adjusted basis, energy consumption was down 0.3 per cent continuing the downward trend of the last nine years.
- Electricity generated from renewable sources in the UK in 2013 increased by 30 per cent on a year ea
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites