The UK police terrorism arrest statistics (excluding Northern Ireland) from 11 September 2001 to 31 March 2007 show 1228 arrests were made:
- 1165 arrests under the Terrorism Act 2000;
- 63 arrests under legislation other than the Terrorism Act, where the investigation was conducted as a terrorist investigation.
Of the total 1228 arrested:
- 132 charged with terrorism legislation offences only;
- 109 charged with terrorism legislation offences and other criminal offences;
- 195 charged under other legislation including murder, grievous bodily harm, firearms, explosives offences, fraud, false documents;
- 76 handed over to immigration authorities;
- 15 on police bail awaiting charging decisions;
- 1 warrant issued for arrest;
- 12 cautioned;
- 1 dealt with under youth offending procedures
- 11 dealt with under mental health legislation
- 4 transferred to Police Service of Northe
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites