WRAP, the organisation which brings you Love Food Hate Waste not only raises awareness of the issues and benefits of reducing food waste along with easy everyday solutions but also works to bring about changes to the way food is packaged, labelled and sold which make it easier for us all to buy the right amount of food, and use what we buy.
We all have a part to play in reducing the amount of food and drink we throw away – from farm to fork. Lovefoodhatewaste.com has some great ways to help us make a difference and here are some examples of what others are doing:
- People often say that loaves of bread are too big which is why they throw some away – Warburton’s launched a range of 600g loaves in late 2008, and Kingsmill launched the ‘Little Big Loaf’ in 2009.
- Many of us are confused by date labels on our food. Warburton’s removed ‘display until’ dates from all of their products in 2010, bringing them in line with the rest of the bakery sector, and similarly Hovis introduced new s...
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites