The Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister have announced a major housing and planning package that will help deliver:
- Up to 70,000 new homes, including affordable housing and opportunities for first-time buyers to get onto the housing ladder
- 140,000 jobs and a boost to the construction sector
- A £40 billion guarantee for major infrastructure projects and £10 billion for new homes.
This includes a series of measures aimed at supporting businesses, developers and first-time buyers, while slashing unnecessary red tape across the planning system.
The measures include:
- Removing restrictions on house builders to help unlock 75,000 homes currently stalled due to sites being commercially unviable. Developers who can prove that council’s costly affordable housing requirements make the project unviable will see them removed.
- New legislation for government guarantees of up to £40 bil
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites