New research exposes the scale of the Government’s social care crisis for disabled people: thousands struggling to eat or wash or leave their homes:
- Almost 40% of disabled people receiving social care support are not having their basic needs met, including eating, washing, dressing or getting out of the house.
- To make matters worse, Government proposals risk up to 105,000 disabled people failing to get basic support for their day-to-day lives.
- A £1.2 billion funding gap in social care support for disabled people under the age of 65 has been exposed.
- Five leading disability charities have come together to urge the Government to guarantee vital support for disabled people to end this crisis.
Social care crisis for disabled people
New research published today exposes the true scale of the Government’s social care crisis for disabled people, which has left thousands without access to basic care to h
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites