A new study of just under 6,000 UK consumers by MMR Research Worldwide reveals that the majority of vegetarians supplement their diet – 25% are ‘not satisfied’ with vegetarian food ranges in supermarkets, while 76% are unimpressed with fast food restaurants.
The findings include the following statistics:
- 10% of lapsed vegetarians have moved away from a vegetarian lifestyle primarily due to concerns over health and nutrition.
- The majority of UK vegetarians feel the need to supplement their diet with vitamins and minerals.
- Around a quarter of vegetarians are not satisfied with the choice of vegetarian options available to them in their supermarket.
- 76% of vegetarians are not happy with the choice available to them in fast food restaurants.
Research from food and drink research specialists MMR Research Worldwide for National Vegetarian Week 2010 (24–30 May) has found that concern over the nutri
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites