1. Find volunteer placements
Find volunteering opportunities on:
- the Do-it website
- in local communities through Community Service Volunteers or on local notice boards (e.g. in a library) or local newspapers
- the VSO website (for overseas placements)
- by contacting a local Volunteer Centre
- the Reach website for volunteers with specific skills – like accountancy, marketing, law, management, mentoring or IT
- volunteer opportunities for people aged 50 or older
- the Volunteering Wales website
- the Volunteer Scotland website.
Register for volunteer placements at:
- the National Citizen Service website, if you’re 16 to 17 in England or Wales, or 15 to 16 in Northern Ireland
- the International Citizen Service website, if you’re 18 to 25 and want to volunteer abroad.
2. Volunteers’ rights
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites