There are many reasons why people travel, but generally they are split into three categories:
- Leisure Travel – includes travel for holidays, cultural events, recreation or sports.
- Business Travel – includes meetings, conferences and exhibitions; usually business travellers have their expenses paid by their company.
- Visiting friends and relatives (VFR) – includes all travel for the purpose of meeting friends and relatives, either within your own country or abroad.
Types of tourism
Domestic tourism – taking holidays and trips in your own country.
- An example would be a family from Leeds taking a short break to the seaside resort of Brighton.
International tourism – visiting a different country than the one that you live in. It can be broken into two categories:
Inbound tourism &nd
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites