Gambling Watch UK Manifesto 2014–15.
By Professor Jim Orford, Emeritus Professor of Clinical & Community Psychology, University of Birmingham
This is a first draft so all comments are welcome. The aim is to use it later on to question the political parties about their gambling policies in the run up to the 2015 general election. What do you think should be in the shopping list of proposals?
- In government, gambling should be seen as a cross-department issue, with the Department of Health, Home Office, and Department for Culture Media and Sport having regular and ongoing inputs. The minister with chief responsibility for gambling should be a Department of Health minister, reflecting an important shift towards seeing gambling first and foremost as a public health matter.
- Fixed Odds Betting Terminals (FO
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites