The Mandate focuses on the areas that matter most to people:
- helping people live longer
- managing ongoing physical and mental health conditions
- helping people recover from episodes of ill health or following injury
- making sure people experience better care
- providing safe care.
‘The NHS belongs to the people. It is there to improve our health and well-being, supporting us to keep mentally and physically well, to get better when we are ill, and when we cannot fully recover, to stay as well as we can to the end of our lives. It works at the limits of science – bringing the highest levels of human knowledge and skill to save lives and improve health. It touches our lives at times of most basic human need, when care and compassion matter most. The NHS is founded on a set of common principles and values that bind together the communities and people it serves – patients and the public – and the staff who work for it.’
The NHS Constitution
1. As a nation, we are ...
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites