By Dr Nicola Bryom, founder and trustee of Student Minds
Student Minds is the UK’s student mental health charity, providing information about student mental health and local peer support programmes.
Studying is likely to bring a number of changes to your life. Hopefully it should be enjoyable and interesting, but it can also be challenging – especially if you’re also living with a mental health problem. You might face challenges such as:
- meeting and working with new people
- exams, deadlines for written work or presentations
- managing your own finances
- coping with homesickness
- balancing the demands of studying with other commitments
- maintaining relationships with family and old friends
- leaving home, finding new housing and living with new people.
Coping with new challenges can have an impact on your mental health, but there are lots of things that you can do to make y
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites