All of our concern
Family Lives has published this report to take forward the useful debate that has been most recently built upon by the 2011 Review of the Commercialisation and Sexualisation of Childhood undertaken by Reg Bailey. This report seeks to address issues that the Bailey Review gave less time to and makes recommendations to take the agenda forward in a way which empowers young people and their parents.
This report will discuss the progress made since the Bailey Review and identify areas which still require policy makers’ and parents’ attention.
- Family Lives believes that much of the commercialisation and sexualisation debate has been framed around girls and neglects to consider how boys have been affected by these pressures and how to engage them in preventative strategies. This report will address this gap.
- This report will also examine a serious, yet neglected topic: peer–on-peer sexual exploitation and violence. The report examines the consequ...
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites