We all face pressures at work: sometimes this may lead us to behave in a way which is unacceptable to others without us even realising it. There may also be other non-work-related factors affecting our attitude towards others in the workplace. Often individuals accused of bullying are surprised. It may help sometimes to take a step back and check that our working style is not impinging on others. Below is a brief guide to this process.
Am I a bully?
- Do I use language which is insensitive?
- Do I unintentionally vent my personal opinions on non-work-related matters?
- Do I express anger or dissatisfaction at work, particularly in physical behaviour?
When you may not be feeling yourself is when you are most likely to consciously or otherwise use work channels to vent frustrations from your home life. This is more likely to occur if:
- You are suffering from stress.
- Losing a feeling of control and security
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites