Today financial capability charity Credit Action releases its Debt Statistics, giving an overview of the financial situation in the UK. The latest figures suggest that debt levels remain stubborn, with some households finding it increasingly difficult to get by.
1. £53,995: average household debt (including mortgages) in March up from £53,994 in February.
2. £5,980: average household debt (excluding mortgages) in March up from £5,978 in February.
3. £164 million of interest was paid every day on personal debt in March.
4. £1.585 billion: the daily value of all plastic card purchases in February.
5. 1,501 people were made redundant every day between December and February.
6. 900,000 people had been unemployed for more than a year between December and February.
7. Every 5 minutes