This article is 6 years old.
to view the latest articles for this topic.
- 44% of suicides among ten- to 14-year-olds may be bullying-related.
- The Office of National Statistics had recorded 176 cases of suicides of 10-to-14-year olds between 2000 and 2008 in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Over 20% of kids admit to being a bully or participating in bully-like activities.
- Over one half of bullying & Cyber-Bullying events go unreported to authorities or parents.
- In 2009 surveys showed over 100,000 children carried guns to school as a result of being bullied.
- 28% of students who carry weapons in school have witnessed violence in their homes.
- On a daily average 160,000 children miss school because they fear they will be bullied if they attend classes.
- On a monthly average 282,000 students are physically attacked by a bully each month.
- Every seven minutes a child is bullied on a school playground
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites