Cannabis (also known as marijuana, weed, dope or grass) is the most widely used illegal drug in the UK, although its use in recent years has fallen.
The proportion of 11–15 year olds in England who had used cannabis in the last year fell from 13.3% in 2003 to 7% in 2013. The proportion of 16–59 year olds using cannabis in the last year has fallen from 10.6% in 2003–04 to 6.6% in 2013–14.
How cannabis makes you feel
The effects of cannabis vary from person to person:
- some people may feel chilled out, relaxed and happy
- others get the giggles or become more talkative
- hunger pangs are common – this is sometimes known as “getting the munchies”
- you may become more aware of your senses – colours may look more intense and music may sound better
- it’s common to feel as though time is slowing down.
Cannabis can have other effects too:
- it m
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites