Chlamydia is the most common sexually transmitted infection amongst young people.
One in ten who have a chlamydia test find they are infected!
Most people wouldn’t even know if they had it because most of the time chlamydia shows no symptoms. Yet left untreated chlamydia can lead to serious health problems and is the most common cause of infertility.
Signs and symptoms of chlamydia
75% of women and 50% of men show no symptoms.
If there are any symptoms, they could include:
Symptoms in women
- Increased vaginal discharge.
- Pain during sex.
- Bleeding after sex.
Symptoms in men
- Discharge from the penis.
- Pain/burning sensation when you go for a pee.
- Painful swelling of the testicles if left untreated.
How do you get chlamydia?
- Penetrative sex (where the penis enters the