Definitions of social responsibility
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is:
- An obligation, beyond that required by the law and economics, for a firm to pursue long-term goals that are good for society.
- The continuing commitment by business to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as that of the local community and society at large.
- About how a company manages its business process to produce an overall positive impact on society.
Corporate social responsibility means:
- Conducting business in an ethical way and in the interests of the wider community.
- Responding positively to emerging societal priorities and expectations.
- A willingness to act ahead of regulatory confrontation.
- Balancing shareholder interests against the interests of the wider community.
- Being a good citize
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites