The student population is more diverse than you might think
- Two thirds of the student population are mature students.
- While the majority of students are full-time students, more than a third are studying part-time courses.
- There are 64,000 studying medicine or dentistry, and nearly 171,000 training to be nurses.
Student satisfaction with higher education
- More than eight out of ten students said that they were satisfied with their course in the most recent National Students Survey.
Universities give back to the economy
- The higher education sector contributes £31 billion to the UK’s Gross Domestic Product, or GDP.
- Universities directly employ 382,000 people throughout the UK.
- Students spend £7.9 billion on living costs, most of which goes into the local economy.
- There is always a lot of ta