What is environmental justice?
Environmental justice means everyone has:
- a right to healthy places to live, work and enjoy themselves;
- a right to a fair share of nature’s benefits like food and water;
- a responsibility to look after the planet for others and for future generations.
In doing this we not only ensure a better life for all of us – but help protect the environment too.
But to get environmental justice for everyone, society must change: we need a fairer world. This includes ordinary people having legal support and the political clout to influence decisions affecting the environment where they live.
In this article we highlight examples of environmental injustice – and describe what we’re doing to tackle them. Read on and find out how we can work together for a fairer – and greener – future.
Environmental injustice around the world
Friends of the Earth b
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites