The EU Kids Online Project aims to enhance knowledge of European children’s and parents’ experiences and practices regarding use of the Internet and new online technologies, informing the promotion of a safer online environment for children.
- 93% of nine to 16-year-old Internet users in Europe have neither bullied nor been bullied online. Those who have bullied or been bullied online are more vulnerable psychologically or from their socio-demographic background.
- Bullying, and having been bullied online mostly go hand in hand. Around 60% of those who bully have been bullied by others. Bullying and being bullied by others mostly occur through similar modes. Of those who have bullied others offline, 57% have been bullied, though only 10% were bullied online. Of those who have bullied others online, a similar number have been bullied (58%) but 40% online.
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites