- Grim predictions for UK family finances up to 2015 revealed in new evidence produced by the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) for the Family and Childcare Trust.
- The median income among families with children is projected to fall between 2010 and 2015 by 4.2 per cent. For a couple with two children this equates to £1,250 less a year by 2015.
- Families with children aged under five, families with more than two children and lone parent families not in paid work bear the biggest financial pain in years ahead.
An IFS report, commissioned by the Family and Childcare Trust, is the first to reveal the prospects for poverty rates and income for different family types up to the year 2015.
The study has found
The median (middle) household with children faces an average drop in income of 4.2 per cent by 2015–16, equivalent to an annual income drop of £1,250 for a couple with two children. The 4.2 per cent average drop for families with children is significantly higher than the loss...
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites