We all have our own unique patterns, habits and problems when it comes to sleep. Some of us feel that we don’t get enough sleep, whilst others say they sleep too much and some struggle more with the quality of their sleep rather than the quantity. When sleep problems occur very frequently or begin to affect your day-today life, this may be a sign that you’re suffering from insomnia, which can have a negative effect on both your physical and mental health.
In this article we find out exactly how big of a problem Insomnia is, revealing all of the latest sleep and insomnia statistics for the UK and finding out more about the state of our sleep in 2021.
Sleep statistics in a nutshell
Our research found that:
- 36% of UK adults struggle to get to sleep at least on a weekly basis
- Nearly half of the UK have trouble falling asleep at least once a month
- St Helens prescribes a higher rate of insomnia medication than any other CCG in England
- More searches are made in Walsall than in any other p...
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites