Internet access in Great Britain, including how many people have the internet, how they access it and what they use it for.
By Cecil Prescott
- 87% of all adults used the internet daily or almost every day in 2019.
- In 2019, 61% of households without the internet did not feel that they needed the internet.
- In 2019, for the first time, more than half of adults aged 65 years and over shopped online, at 54%.
- The percentage of adults who make video or voice calls over the internet has more than trebled over the past decade, to 50% in 2019.
- In 2019, 7% of adults suffered fraudulent debit or credit card use from using the internet in the last 12 months.
9 in 10 adults use the internet at least weekly
Of all adults, 87% used the internet daily in 2019, with an additional 4% of adults using it at least weekly but not daily. While there was only a 2 percentage point increase in daily
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites