Some of the unwanted physical and psychological effects that may be experienced by a person when they are ‘high’ on cannabis may include:
- nausea and vomiting
- anxiety, panic and paranoia.
If you are with someone who is affected by cannabis in this way, you can help.
What can you do if someone is physically sick?
‘Greening out’ is a term that refers to the situation where people feel sick after smoking cannabis. People can go pale and sweaty, feel dizzy, nauseous and may even start vomiting. They usually feel they have to lie down straight away.
You can assist them by:
- taking them to a quiet place with fresh air
- sitting them in a comfortable position
- giving them a glass of water or something sweet (such as juice or a piece of fruit).
- If the person feels so sick that they start to vomit:
- stay with them
- lie them down on their side, not on their back, so they don’t choke on their vomit
- keep them in a quiet, safe spot where you can monitor them.
If someone is phys...
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites