... as more medals across more sports targeted in Tokyo 2020
- Increased investment in Olympic sports of over £1 million to fund medal potential athletes in new Tokyo events.
- Increased investment in new Paralympic medal events of over £2 million to strengthen our medal ambitions including funding para taekwondo, para badminton and para canoeing Va’a boat classes.
- Over £2.5 million for new innovative medal support plans to provide National Lottery funding to world-level athletes in Badminton, Archery, Karate and Sport Climbing.
- Tokyo Olympic medal target range increased to 54–92 (from 51–85).
- Tokyo Paralympic medal target range increased to 119–168 (from 115–162).
UK Sport today announced new