An extract from the Home Office statistical bulletin.
Arrests and outcomes
There were 273 arrests for terrorism-related activity in the year ending 31 December 2018, a decrease of 41% compared with the 465 arrests in the previous year. The fall is partly due to a relatively large number of arrests in the previous reporting year in the wake of terrorist attacks in London and Manchester.
Of the 273 arrests for terrorism-related activity:
- 102 (37%) resulted in a charge, of which 81 were charged with terrorism-related offences
- 99 people arrested (36%) were released without charge
- 23 (8%) persons were released on bail pending further investigation
- 17 (6%) faced alternative action
- 32 (12%) cases were pending at the time of data provision.
Of the 81 persons charged with a terrorism-related offence, 38 had been prosecuted, all of whom had been convicted. A to
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites