This article is 6 years old.
to view the latest articles for this topic.
- 80% of respondents stated that they had experienced emotionally, sexually, or physically abusive behaviour by a partner or ex-partner.
- Although 80% of respondents identified having experienced some form of abusive behaviour from a partner or ex-partner, only 60% of respondents recognised the behaviour as domestic abuse.
- The type of domestic abuse most frequently experienced by the respondents was transphobic emotional abuse, with 73% of the respondents experiencing at least one type of transphobic emotionally abusive behaviour from a partner or ex-partner.
- 60% of respondents had experienced controlling behaviour from a partner or ex-partner.
- 45% of respondents had experienced physically abusive behaviour from a partner or ex-partner.
- 47% of respondents had experienced some form of sexual abuse from a partner or ex-partner.
- 37% of respondents said that someone had forced, or tried to force, them to have sex when they
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites