- Financially unprotected families left vulnerable as they rely on one salary.
- 32,000 more women choose to stay at home to take care of their families.
- School inflation hits 6.89% as parents pay £111 per month on school extras.
Parents are questioning whether they can both afford to work, due to the high cost of childcare. According to new research from Aviva, a working mother could be up to £98 a month worse off after all child and work costs are taken into account.
As a result, thousands of families could be left in the potentially vulnerable position of relying on a single salary. More worrying still, the Aviva study shows 95% of UK families don’t feel completely financially protected against the loss of an income.
The findings are highlighted in Aviva’s latest Family Finances Report which is released today. This edition shines a spotlight on the challenges faced by working parents, and the fact that the majority of these families are worryingly under-protected financially...
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites