This scheme follows the hugely successful pilot in 2009 when more than 6,500 households were invited to help test the process, earning Recyclebank points for their recycling efforts.
- 61% of eligible households have activated their rewards accounts.
- More than 20 million Recyclebank Points have been earned for discounts and offers at over 100 shops, leisure centres, businesses, attractions and cafés/restaurants; many residents have given their Points to school projects.
- Residents in the trial increased their recycling by an amazing 35%.
The concept is simple – the more you recycle the more rewards you earn
Special blue wheelie bins have been delivered to all appropriate homes and, as residents in the pilot scheme have proved, the new bins make recycling a lot simpler as tins, cans, paper, cardboard, tetra pak, glass bottles and plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays will go into
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites