By Tanya Thompson, Home Affairs Correspondent
- Reliance Monitoring Services take on contract for tagging asylum seekers
- 70 asylum seekers in Scotland to take part in pilot
- Human rights groups claim plans would victimise law abiding immigrants
'Satellite tracking will also be used. Accuracy is down to inches, so we will be able to pinpoint the side of the street that someone is walking on.'
A Home Office insider
Asylum seekers in Scotland will face electronic tagging within months as part of a major security crackdown by the Home Office, The Scotsman has learned.
Reliance Monitoring Services, part of the same group as the security firm criticised for releasing prisoners in error, will take on the controversial contract, operating a six-month pilot scheme from September.
Home Office sources say that about 70 asyl
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites