If you smoke the amount of cigarettes below then you are shelling out:
- five cigarettes a day for one year = £644
- ten cigarettes a day for one year = £1289
- 20 cigarettes a day for one year = £2,577.
Think of all that extra money you could be using for holidays, clothes, gadgets and football season tickets!
And scarily enough, if you smoked 40 cigarettes a day for ten years you would have spent £67,748, so instead of burning this money you could have almost bought your own flat.
These calculations were based on a pack of 20 cigarettes costing between £5.50 and £6. To find out more, use the online Cost Calculator to see what this means for you or your family.
The cost to the environment
Producing tobacco involves cutting down lots of trees. Forests are cleared to grow tobacco but the biggest problem is the n
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites