The eatwell plate makes healthy eating easier to understand by showing the types and proportions of foods we need to have a healthy and well-balanced diet.
The eatwell plate shows how much of what you eat should come from each food group. This includes everything you eat during the day, including snacks.
So, try to eat:
- plenty of fruit and vegetables
- plenty of bread, rice, potatoes, pasta and other starchy foods – choose wholegrain varieties whenever you can
- some milk and dairy foods
- some meat, fish, eggs, beans and other non-dairy sources of protein
- just a small amount of foods and drinks high in fat and/or sugar.
Look at the eatwell plate to see how much of your food should come from each food group. You don’t need to get the balance right at every meal. But try to get it right over time such as a whole day or week.
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites