This Bank Workers Charity guide shows 20 ways you can start to make changes to your diet so that you can develop a healthier way of eating. You can also find sources of further information at the end.
Eat the right amount
If you eat more calories than you burn off, this will accumulate as fat. Doing this on a regular basis can lead to obesity which can increase the risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease and some cancers. Exactly how much you need to eat each day will depend on how active you are and on your size but the general rule of thumb is that men need 2,500 calories a day and women need 2,000. Ways of limiting the number of calories you eat are:
- to reduce your portion size
- to refuse second helpings
- to eat from a smaller plate
- to avoid supersize portions when eating out
- to opt for lower calorie foods, such as choosing to snack
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites