The rise of scrutiny of Zoom is welcome evidence that privacy and security are valued and essential as our lives and interactions become increasingly virtual.
- Zoom already had security challenges before the Coronavirus-caused lockdowns.
- Massive adoption of Zoom led to more scrutiny and exposure of privacy and security issues.
- Any software under the same scrutiny and without a strong focus on these features would have shown similar failures.
- Communications apps and services deserve this level of scrutiny.
- Investors, boards, and now customers must demand more from the entire industry.
A few weeks ago, its name would probably have been unknown to you. Amidst the covid-19 crisis and the lockdown it caused, Zoom has suddenly become the go-to tool for video chat and conference calling, whether it’s a business meeting, a drink with friends, or a much needed moment with your family. This intense rise in use has been financially good to the company, but it also came with a hef...
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites