Why do we gamble?
People gamble for a whole range of reasons including:
- the buzz, the excitement, and the high adrenaline release
- the competitive element – trying to beat other players, the bookie, or the dealer
- the thrill of risk taking, of placing large bets
- to solve financial problems
- a way of escaping from stress or worries.
Some people say that there is no such thing as safe gambling. Others argue that gambling is like drinking alcohol – it’s safe to do as long as you follow some sensible rules.
- Keep away from high-risk forms of gambling where you can lose large sums of money very quickly.
- Limit the am