Alexander Technique teaches improved posture and movement, which is believed to help reduce and prevent problems caused by unhelpful habits.
During a number of lessons you’re taught to be more aware of your body, how to improve poor posture and move more efficiently.
Teachers of the Alexander Technique believe it helps get rid of tension in your body and relieves problems such as back pain, neck ache, sore shoulders and other musculoskeletal problems.
Evidence suggests the technique has the potential to improve certain health conditions, but there are some claims made about the technique that haven’t been scientifically tested.
The main principles of the Alexander Technique are:
- ‘how you move, sit and stand affects how well you function’
- ‘the relationship of the head, neck and spine is fundamental to your ability to function optimally’
- ‘becoming more m
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites