When should I exercise?
There’s no right time to exercise. It depends on the individual. ‘You need to listen to your body,’ says Robin. ‘Some people feel rough in the morning, whereas others can hop out of bed and do a 10 mile run.’
Don’t exercise for two to three hours after a heavy meal. If you exercise straight after a large meal, you’re likely to experience nausea, stomach cramps and discomfort.
Recommended physical activity levels
- Children under five years old should do 180 minutes every day.
- Young people (five to 18 years old) should do 60 minutes every day.
- Adults (19–64 years old) should do 150 minutes every week.
- Older adults (65 and over) should do 150 minutes every week.
Can I have a snack before exercising?
You can have a small snack before your workout, such as a piece of fruit or a drink. Robin
Want to see the rest of this article?
Would you like to see the rest of this article and all the other benefits that Issues Online can provide with?
- Useful related articles
- Video and multimedia references
- Statistical information and reference material
- Glossary of terms
- Key Facts and figures
- Related assignments
- Resource material and websites